Monday, August 20, 2007

Let me remind you...

"“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss... This is still, and will probably always be, my favorite quote. Dr. Seuss's art teacher once got upset with him for looking at one of his paintings upside down. She said something to the effect that artists don't do that, so he left the class and never went back.
I share this quote and relate this story, because I admire them so much. I'm sick of getting crap for being myself and having my own opinions. I have been the same person for a long time now. I know what I like, I know who I am, and I am comfortable with me. I am not obligated in anyway to try and impress you or be the kind of person you want me to be, so stop acting like I do. If you want to jump through everyone's bullcrap hoops then go right ahead, but I won't be joining you.