Saturday, August 11, 2007

Creep master-creep...

I saw my intro to drawing teacher tonight at the Gallery 110 benefit, and i think i weirded him out big time. I was really excited to talk to him, because until his class I really didn't have a whole lot of confidence in my work at all. He was the one who told me I would be able to get into the art program if i just tried, that i should start painting, and that I had good ideas. He said at our final critique that my stuff was weird and that he would like to see a whole room filled with just different things i had done. It was seriously the best compliment I have ever received. Even my mom says i'm the weird one out of her sons. But he had praised me for it. Seriously out of everything in the last two years, his simple class has had the most profound effect upon me and my future.

So needless to say i wanted to thank him, but I may have overdone it. I didn't quite tell him everything that is written above, but it was pretty close. He was nice about it, but even kristi said he looked a little weirded out. I don't know why. I kind of would like to be a teacher myself one day, and if i ever do it I would only hope to inspire someone the way he did.

I think it all comes down to me. For some reason compliments, praise, and attention from me is creepy. I live in a world where admitting you recognize or remember someone isn't cool. I just try to be sincere and honest and I guess it's too much for people. I honestly believe people deserve praise for just being themselves. Everyone, if they are being themselves, is amazing! I guess I just want people to feel good about themselves, even if it means that I end up looking like a kook. I'm ok with being a kook.

3 comments:

kaitlyn.e said...

you're nice.

ellie said...

you worry too much. everyone loves you joshiepants.

my ghostwriter said...

just keep doing it, love. that's how you change what needs change.