Friday, August 17, 2007

James Taylor in the dark...

I sat on the couch in Catie's house and listened to the James Taylor record. I really enjoyed it. James Taylor reminds me of my mother more than anything else in the world. She loves him. I also put on a Jim Croche record. I thank my dad for that one. "Every time I tried to tell you, the words just came out wrong. So I'll have to say I love you in a song." I love that i can like identify different people to things like this. I also use things like this to identify with myself. I listen to Modest mouse all the time, and i'm sure people get sick of it. I can't help it. It reminds me of me. It calls up memories of hearing old modest mouse songs in the skate videos I used to watch in high school. It reminds me of my friends at the time. It reminds me of lots of things. I liked me then and when I try to remember that it helps me like me now. I think we all need to be able to Identify with something. I think we need it so much that we will even cherish some of the worst things in life, Just cause they help to define us.

1 comment:

Caitie said...

oh Josh you're so romantic. That was some good times.